1. Brandon and I decided we need to attend the temple more often so our new goal is once a month. On Saturday night, we got a babysitter and went with another couple from our ward. We went out to eat afterwards. Can I just say how nice it is to dine out without a toddler?
2. Watching The Biggest Loser has inspired me to take getting into shape more seriously. Since New Year's, I've been working out religiously 4 times a week, even getting up early to go to the gym. I've even surprised myself! Who knew? Also, we moved our treadmill into our bedroom a while ago and I've used it more in the last month that I did in the previous three years. Maybe I'll finally lose that baby weight after all (never mind that my baby is 15 months old today!).
I wish I looked like this girl.
3. Since starting to teach preschool, I seem to be constantly sick with a cold. It's odd to me because I wash my hands so much they are usually raw. Anyway, the last few days I've been totally stuffed up and miserable. How come I never appreciate breathing through my nose until I can't?
4. Other than the germs, I really love my job. It's so rewarding. I have four year olds who are already reading, which is so exciting. (It's more of a reflection of the curriculum than anything I've done, but still.)
Some of my class making wreaths in December
5. I made chicken pot pie from scratch the other day and boy, was it good. Total comfort food. If you want the recipe I used, click here. (I replaced the celery with potatoes because I hate celery.)


5 comments:
I'm impressed by your workouts. I am doing FINE right now--neither gaining nor losing. I wish I was in a good losing mode. Nice work on the temple too. I totally remember making those wreaths as a child. I like your updates so keep em coming.
Mmmm. Chicken pot pie sounds so good. And seriously, anything from Nikole's kitchen is delicious. I think you should be a chef or at least send me food related care packages in the mail...
Rock on with the goals, I know you'll be back down into your pre-pregnancy clothes before you know it!
I bet you are such a great pre-school teacher. Those kids are definitely lucky! Also, I am jealous of your treadmill...I can't find the safety key to mine since all the nieces/nephews were here over Christmas.
Hey! I was just thinking that I miss hanging out; I love your blog, but I'd rather keep up more personally. Let's get together soon.
I am mentally telling myself to look like that girl in the picture after I have this baby. In moderation, of course. I could totally go for a slice of that chicken pot pie right now. I'm going to have to try that recipe out.
Post a Comment