This weekend I (with the help of two other friends) gave a baby shower for my friend Kaydee. She is having a baby boy in a few weeks. It was an open house brunch. Don't you just love brunch? It's that magical hour that's not quite breakfast, not quite lunch...and have you ever been to a brunch where the food wasn't delicious? We had quite a spread of spinach, ham and mushroom quiche (I made that), blueberry french toast casserole with blueberry syrup, a gorgeous fruit tray, 2 other savory breakfast casseroles, and juice. It was simply divine. Kaydee got a ton of great stuff, too!
Kaydee
Kaydee is one of those people who looks GREAT pregnant. She's still skinny all over, with just a cute basketball belly. She actually has that pregnancy glow. If she wasn't so nice, I'd hate her guts. I looked like a beached whale when I was nine months pregnant.
My mom gave me this great decoration to use for the shower. She went to Wal Mart, bought some wooden letters to spell out BABY, painted them blue, and stuck them in a wooden stand. I wove some ribbon through it, and BAM- a centerpiece for the table. I thought her idea was ingenious. Of course you could do the name of the baby, or paint it pink if it's a girl.
Today is, of course, Super Bowl Sunday. We usually either go to a party or have a party, but this year we stayed home and were low key. Neither Brandon nor I really cares about football, but we like to watch the commercials and have an excuse to eat. I made these ...and we had chips and salsa and other munchies. We also made homemade peach ice cream in our new ice cream maker we got for Christmas. Yes, it's the middle of the winter and it snowed several inches today...but why not? It was delicious. Here's us vegging out:
Me enjoying the ice cream!
Brandon and Addy
It was a great weekend!
**Do you like brunch? Any great ideas for baby shower decorations? What did you do for the
Super Bowl?**
12 on the 12th--January 2020 Edition
6 years ago

4 comments:
Your shower was so cute! I loved the BABY centerpiece. I need to entertain more. You are inspiring me!
Yes, your shower looks great and so do you guys in the pictures! And your friend looks way cuter pregnant than I do.
That was me, although Tyler does not look cute pregnant either.
I agree with Kelly, you inspire me to entertain more! I'll have to snag some of your yummy recipes :)
We will have to get together when I am in Boise next! I go fairly often.
Post a Comment