Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter Weekend


I had the best Easter Weekend! Brandon was going to be out of town, so my mom decided to come visit while he was gone. She was supposed to arrive Wednesday night. When she got here, I was so happy to see that my dad and my sister Roxy came too! They didn't tell me they were coming because they wanted it to be a surprise. I WAS very surprised and thrilled that they came. I'm not naive enough to think that they wanted to come just to see me...I know it's all
about Addyson and I'm okay with that!


Addy and Roxy

They came bearing gifts...a darling dress for Addyson from Roxy, and a fun Easter Basket for her from my parents.


My Dad and his only grandchild

We had so much fun! We ate out, made caramel popcorn, rode bikes, went shopping and just hung out. Here we are eating at 'On the Border' (they have the BEST guacamole!):





We went and got cupcakes at this darling little cupcake shop. (Yes, my diet and I were "on a break" for the weekend..don't worry, I'm back on track!) They were SOOO yummy. Mine was strawberry. It tasted like I was eating Strawberry Shortcake and had real strawberries in it! Roxy and I decided that in a perfect world, we would open a cupcake shop and work there together. She said that "I could be the brains and she could be the beauty of the operation." Should I be offended? (In her defense, she later explained that she wanted me to bake the cupcakes and she would help the customers.) Okay, whatever.



On Saturday Dad and Roxy went home but Mom stayed a few more days. She took me shopping and helped me pick out some new clothes. I must say, she's a good person to have along while shopping. She comes right in the dressing room, hangs all the clothes back up for you, gets you a different size, finds cute things and tells you when you look horrible in something. I was able to get a new Easter outfit and some fabulous shoes.



Addyson's first Easter

We also did pedicures, went walking (twice), went to church, cooked Easter dinner together and watched a movie (Catch and Release-I hated it).

My feet are ready for Spring! Do you know which feet are mine?

It was like a mini-vacation for me because Mom took care of Addyson the whole time. She was so happy to play the doting Grandma.





The whole weekend was fabulous and it was so nice to be with my family. I always feel depressed after they leave because my life seems so empty for a few days before I get back into the swing of things. Living away from your family stinks!

Do you like guacamole? Did you wear a new outfit on Easter? Do you suffer from family withdrawals? Have you given your feet a Spring makeover?

6 comments:

Rommel and Christy said...

How fun! One of these days I will come up and visit you. Your family is darling!

Tami said...

I did not say you horrible in anything! It WAS a very fun weekend...thanks for letting my bathe in your tub!

Ashley said...

That looks so fun. Roxy is all grown up and beautiful! And I love Addy in her Easter dress. That cupcake place looks so cute. My mom comes next week and I can't wait!

And of course I love guac!

Jason and Tawni said...

Oh your little family is sooooo cute. I just love all of you! Yes, I could seriously eat guacamole for every meal! I love your pictures, Addy looks so beautiful, Roxy looks just like your mom, and your feet are the ones at the bottom of the picture ...

Annie K said...

How fun!

I can't tell which feet are yours. No I did not wear a new outfit for Easter. I was lucky to get my girls something new. I hate to take them shopping with me when I am shopping for myself. Sometimes I hate to take them shopping anytime.

I am jealous of the mini-vacation and I do go through family withdrawals after seeing them. I agree with the statement, "Living away from family sucks."

brittani c. said...

I CANNOT believe how you and Roxy look so much alike since she's gotten older. I can't decide which out of the two of you is better looking. It's a toss up! However, the red lips are pretty sassy.